- Crystal Chandeliers on Red Chandelier
- candle chandeliers on Chandelier Restoration – The Chateau Chandeliers
- mini chandeliers on The Incandescent Light Bulb Ban and the impact for chandeliers.
- chandelier cleaners on Chandelier Cleaning and Chandelier Rewiring- A case study
- marble polishing service singapore on The Contemporary Chandelier for the Golf Club
Category Archives: Light Bulbs
The History of the Light Bulb Ban
In 2008 the European Union ( EU) set out a regulation to phase out traditional incandescent filament lamps with more energy efficient alternatives. This initiative by the commission covered by the Ecodesign Directive is to replace the lamps with either energy efficient bulbs, compact fluorescent lamps ( CFL) or LED bulbs with the first phase being between 2009 and 2012. This is part of the EU’s fight against climate change to reduce the levels of carbon emission by 20% compared to business as usual by 2020. With lighting accounting for about one fifth of householders energy consumption then tacking this element is a major contributor to achieving the target. Here I will outline the directive and look at the implications for chandeliers.
You have invested in a beautiful chandelier with quality crystal and made by traditional craftsmanship so don’t ruin it by using ugly light bulbs. A crystal chandelier deserves elegant bulbs but you also need to keep an eye on the environment. A chandelier with say 24 bulbs could typically consume 500 watts in power which not only is expensive in electrical costs but also results in a large amount of CO2 being emitted into the atmosphere in the creation of that electricity.